Here are some important dates coming up:
Monday, August 25th -Welcome Back Picnic
4:30-5:30 classroom visit, 5:30 b-que, Outdoor Movie (only on the 25th)
Wednesday August 27th – First Day of School
Wednesday, September 10th – Parent Night
Thursday, September 11th- Instrument Rental Night (3-6)
Monday, September 15th – Governing Board Meeting
Thursday, September 18th – Back to School Open House- Parents only
Wednesday, September 24th - Delayed Opening
Friday, September 26th - School photos.
All families must fill out the following forms online by Friday September 5th.
- You can now donate to the Foundation of Birches Academy through iGive. Check out our school’s link at iGive Foundation of Birches Academy
- Do you order from Amazon? You can give back to our school through their Amazon Smiles program. Simply visit smile.amazon.com and search for Foundation of Birches Academy and 0.5% of your purchase will be given back to our school.
- If you don’t shop through Amazon, but would still like to give back to the school, here is a list of all of our ongoing fundraisers-birches fundraising
- Summer Reading Challenge:
- What is more important than having your child read this summer? Almost nothing! I really like the summer reading lists provided by the American Library Association because it is quite a manageable list of really terrific books. An avid summer reader could try to read ALL the books their list. However, what you read, and how much you read is not as important as simply reading. To that end, The Birches is going to approach our summer reading challenge a little differently, in Birches fashion. We are going to ask each child to bring in one 5 x 7 photo (printed on copy paper is fine) of them reading someplace, anyplace; the more unconventional, the better! Would they be reading in a hammock? Under a picnic table? Can an older student take a “selfie” of themselves reading with a best friend? Write your name, place and title of the book you are reading and bring it in the first day of school. Of course, you can bring in as many pictures and places and book titles you want. Who will have the most unconventional place? Who will have the most books? The point is, READ.